- bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- a stong quantitative background (for Accounting applicants, the requirement is calculus)
- exposure to microeconomics and macroeconomics (for Accounting applicants, the requirement is microeconomics)
- either GMAT (code X5X-QS-21) or GRE (code 3510)
- Operations Management accepts GRE only
- scores must be from within the last five years
- no minimum score requirement
- only official test reports are accepted
If your scores are due to expire close to the admissions deadline, please have them forwarded to our program before they expire, even if you have not yet completed your application
Registration information for the GMAT and GRE may be obtained at www.mba.com and www.ets.org respectively.
- required of all non-native English speakers
- only official test reports accepted
- scores must be from within the last two years
- TOEFL minimum: 577 PBT, 233 CBT, and 90 IBT (code 3510) IELTS minimum: 7
- requirement waived only if you have received your undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year school within the United States
Registration information for TOEFL and IELTS may be obtained at www.toefl.org and www.ielts.org respectively.
Please do not contact the PhD Program regarding waivers, as none will be discussed until such time as the faculty expresses an interest in your application.
For additional application requirements, detailed instructions, and to view the application, please see https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=mit-phd.